Quick! Go have a cupcake.

Quick! Go have a cupcake. On us.

Why?

Because it’s our 2nd Blogiversary! We started blogging two years ago yesterday!

blogiversary 2013

We had intended to have a week-long Blogiversary Week celebration (complete with confetti, cupcakes, and piñatas), but life happened. Instead, we’re simplifying.

You know we could rattle on non-stop about blogging here at the Little House, but we’re not going to. Today we want to hear from you, dear reader.

We’d love to know:

1. Who are you? What do you do? Are you a stay-at-homer or a go-to-worker? Do you blog?

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

We’re not trying to gain any insight about the blog here; we really just want to get to know you (because really, where would a blog be without its readers?)!

Have a wonderful weekend (and thanks a million times for reading)!

PS. Please let us know if you spot any bugs with the new layout! We’re still tweaking things here and there!

1. Rebecca says:

1. Rebecca, civil engineer. I have a blog that I am horrible about updating. Life is definitely in the way right now
    2. I’m from Ohio and we just bought our second house (3 times the size of our first house, a townhome). We’re working to make it our forever home.
    3. The space and awesome potential of it all. I also like that all mybaking supplies can fit in the kitchen island instead of a box in the basement. Pet peeve is there is no linen closet upstairs.
    4. I would live at the beach and make sure all my family lived there with me too.
    5. It’s summer? I seriously wouldn’t know since I’ve been working way too much. But seriously, the 6th of July because my whole family got together for our Annual 4th of July party :)

Love following your blog and am enjoying the new look! I will DEFINITELY go eat a cupcake or bake some this weekend to celebrate you guys!

• Jessica Beals says:

Yay, engineers! And I could definitely live on the beach, too! Can you imagine having a cup of coffee on your back porch every morning and watching the sun rise over the ocean? Paradise!

2. Melanie says:

Happy Blogiversary! :)

Melanie, Administrative Assistant at a Non-Profit. Blogger!

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?
    Central Pennsylvania, Born & Raised

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?
    That we finally own a home! The upper bathroom, for sure.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    Middle of nowhere, in the woods.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?
    The day I found my wedding dress.

Happy blogiversary!

I’m Kristen, go to work in higher ed, and I blog :)

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?
    Currently, our apartment in Staten Island is home (but I will forever be a Jersey girl).

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?
    I like the old charm of it – the arched doorways, large wood trim, and built ins. I hate that we can’t completely redo the bathroom or kitchen or knock down walls.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    Somewhere in the UK. I’m really not picky.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?
    Probably when Joe and I snuck away for the 4th of July

4. Courtney says:

My name is Courtney and after working in banking and accounting for a few years, I now have the blessing of staying home with my son (and I have a baby girl on the way!). I babysit two other little boys to bring in a bit of extra money! And yes, I blog and LOVE it! :)

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

I am an Ohio girl 100%. It’s where my family is and always has been- and that’s ultimately what makes it home!

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

We just moved to our current home and we call it our forever home- I love that it is a place we can see ourselves at forever and that there is plenty of room for our growing family AND it is in the country. However, we have incredibly hard water and after city living where we had nice, clean water, it’s been a bit annoying to adjust to the crappy water here!

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

This sounds cliche, but in all honesty right where I am! I love it here! I love traveling though and wouldn’t mind taking some crazy fun vacations! :)

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

Hmm… This summer has been filled with so many great moments watching my son grow and learn and getting to feel my daughter grow inside of me! I don’t know that I can pick just one! :)

• Jessica Beals says:

Congrats on your growing family, Courtney! Kevin and I are Midwesterners at heart, too, so I understand your love of the country there. To me, there is nowhere like Southern Indiana!

And I feel your pain on crappy water: I grew up on a well!

5. Stevie says:

I’m Stevie and I am currently a pharmacy student. I go to school full time but would like to also work so that I could have money to do some DIY stuff on the side. I blog…but it’s not ready for the world to find or read; mostly just for my mom. :)

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

I live in southern Florida but am from central Illinois. Both feel like home at different times. I love Florida because of the ocean and the weather, but being in Illinois with my family feels wonderful. I guess I mostly feel at home at both because of family and friends being present.

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

My favorite part about my current apartment is that I live right near a lake and my dogs love it. My biggest pet peeve is that I don’t have a real, fenced-in yard. But it gives me something to eagerly anticipate once I finish school and can afford a house!

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I would live somewhere near mountains because I love hiking, camping, and (though I’m awful at it) rock climbing. Being near the ocean is a close second.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

The best day was when my boyfriend, my mom, my step-dad, and I went on a road trip to visit family and stuffed ourselves full of ice cream while chatting. It was great to just chill with loved ones.

I’ve been reading your blog for a few months, and it’s one of my daily reads now. Keep up the great work! 😀 You guys rock.

• Jessica Beals says:

What a coincidence! Kevin grew up in central Illinois (in Mattoon, near Chaleston), but his parents live in Florida now. Both places are home to him because he grew up in IL, but now that his parents are in Florida, we love it there, too!

6. Kelly @ Corner of Main says:

Yay! Congrats on 2 years. I am all for cupcakes, so I will get on that 😉

Kelly, eye doctor with an engineering degree, part time stayer-at-homer, and blogger (less and less frequent though it seems!)

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

About 45 min Northwest of Chicago for the last 2 years. Our house is definitely feeling more and more like home as we make changes and make it our own.

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

Favorite part is our yard, big living room, and hardwood floors throughout. Least favorite part is the kitchen…boo for old kitchens!

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Hawaii. If we could pack up tomorrow and head out we would!

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

Tough call…we had a lovely day last week at the zoo. We bought lil’ K a giant stuffed snake and he loves it so much he wants to sleep with it, lol!

7. Molly says:

I am Molly! I work at Sandia National labs at the moment, and I am working on my PhD in EE. I blog and now videocast about knitting and spinning here http://deepbluerenegade.blogspot.com/

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

Well, I have 2 homes right now. There is the house and husband in Indiana, and my apartment in Albuquerque. Home is where the stash is 😉 it is more homely with the husband however haha. Good news is that I have stash both places.

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

My favorite part is the front porch. My biggest pet peeve is that there is only one bathroom, and there is no way we can gracefully renovate the current bathroom or add another bathroom. The house is nearly 100 years old so we would hate to screw it up.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Vail Colorado, or Kona Hawaii they both have their charms.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

4th of July, there was long languishing yardwork done, time with the dear sweet lovable one, podcasting, and a BBQ with friends.

Molly : )

8. michelle@decorandthedog says:

Ooo, cupcakes! 😉 Happy blogiversary!!

Michelle, Pharmacist to the Stars. I do blog.

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?
    Quad Cities, Iowa. The corn. 😛

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?
    The fact that we built it. Pet peeve…my noisy neighbors.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    I’d like a beach house.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?
    Any vacation day!

• Jessica Beals says:

The corn… oddly enough, the smell of corn on early summer mornings REALLY reminds me of home! My bedroom window faced the cornfield and if we slept with the windows open it was the first thing I smelled when I woke up. But then again… Indiana and Iowa aren’t that different.

9. Annabel Vita says:

I’m Annabel and I go-to-work in publishing, I blog at http://www.annabelvita.com

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

I live in the city I grew up in. Everything about it is home. My husband (! still new!) is here, my family is here, and I just love how every street is so familiar to me, I know all the back routes and when I’m talking to other locals we say obnoxious things like “where the old bank used to be”. It helps that it’s one of the most beautiful places in the world (in my opinion!).

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

I have elaborated on this topic ad infinitum on the blog, but my favourite thing is the location (right in the city centre) and the high ceilings and beautiful windows that come as part of a Georgian property. Biggest pet peeve is that it’s now a smidge too small, doesn’t have a bathtub and the kitchen layout makes no sense.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Maybe Paris or by the sea somewhere, but I also think, maybe, exactly where we are but in a big house overlooking some form of water (I know the exact house I’d pick, it’s dreamy).

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

My wedding day!

• Jessica Beals says:

Your wedding day is a perfect best day of summer!

And I’ve already warned Kevin that when we retire we WILL have a house in France, preferably in the Loire, so he can start saving. :)

10. Christine @ Casa says:

1. Christine. Go to worker but I’d love to become a stay at homer with my own business and some kids! I used to blog- currently on a break.

2. South western Ontario, Canada. Being near family and friends. It’s where I was born and raised even though we currently live in a new to us town.

3. I love the layout and finishes and who I share it with. Biggest pet peeves- unfinished basement, only 2 bedrooms and no big dining room for family dinners.

4. Overlooking a lake or ocean on a generous lot of land. I love the water! With family close by of course!

5. Any day I haven’t had to work and could be with family. I’ve had a lot of great days with brothers, sisters, parents and nieces!

11. Mariela says:

I’m Mariela. I work for a federal government agency as a Claims Examiner. I don’t blog currently but have always dreamed of having my own. I’m an avid blog reader :)

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?

A Philadelphia suburb.

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?

My favorite part is who I share my house with – my husband, daughter and dog. My biggest pet peeve – chores that never end.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

On a house near the beach.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?

I will forever cherish this summer, it was the first one since my daughter was born :)

• Jessica Beals says:

Start a blog! It’s so much fun! You make friends (whom you’ve never met) all over the world!

And what a perfect summer! My sister has said the same thing about this year: her daughter is 18 months and the perfect age for picnics, the pool, and the zoo!

12. Jennifer says:

I’m a bit slow on this but ‘ere goes. Love the new theme you’ve got going.

Jennifer, web developer, and a ne’er written pair of blogs – one on food, the other on web dev.

2. Where do you call home? What makes it home to you?
    Northern Illinois, and all my family live around here. Not too big, not too small, close enough to three big cities. Nice.

3. What’s your favorite part about your current home? Your biggest pet peeve?
    I like that it’s simple and allows us to work secularly only as much as we want. I don’t like the dated features that we run out of time to update. Oh, and the kitchen layout. There’s a doorway to the basement that befuddles every floorplan we aim for.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
    Hawaii. Or Disney World. Or Santa Barbara. Somewhere happy and temperate.

5. What has been the best day this summer for you?
    Oh it’s been a whirlwind, but every day has been a blast!

1. Amanda, Stormwater Compliance Inspector for the City of Lynchburg blogging at Tickled Winks.

2. We live in Lynchburg, Virginia and have been there ever since college. It’s really home now that our little family has expanded!

3. I love our kitchen and I hate our upstairs bathroom!

4. The beach… I’ll take any beach :)

5. So far, the day Reagan started saying “Mama”!