Well, this is it. The last post. I’ll warn you, it’s a long one. We spent our last four days in Paris, taking in all the sights, shopping, and food the City of Light had to offer. There was so much to see and eat and do that we forgot to take pictures of all of it– we were just in awe. Here’s the best of the images we did capture. Hope you like them.
1. Standing in the middle of the Champs-Élysées to get a shot of the Arc de Triomphe
2. The Basilique du Sacré-Cœur
3. Notre Dame de Paris
4. For some reason I was taken with this statue of Charlemagne. I think it’s his beard ponytails.
5. Notre Dame de Paris, now with patches of blue sky!
6. The Ladies of the Louvre: Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory (my favorite), and Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and War
7. Cupid and Psyche (she got around; two statues over she was in the same pose with Mercury)
8. Michelangelo’s “The Dying Slave” (He had to be humming “When I think about you I touch myself”)
9. The Pont des Arts, home of the love locks. Lovers put a padlock on the bridge and throw the key into the Seine together, locking their love forever.
10. K+J forever. Our lock isn’t the prettiest, but it’s ours.
11. The Eiffel Tower by day
12. The Eiffel Tower by night
13. Us at the top of the Eiffel Tower
14. The Top of the Eiffel from the first level (Kevin had to take this: looking up in high places scares the whatchamahoosits out of me
15. The Eiffel Tower on a stormy night in May
And that, my friends, is our 2012 European vacation in a nutshell. Come back tomorrow to help me choose which photos to include in our dining room picture ledge!