Europe 2012: Paris

Well, this is it. The last post. I’ll warn you, it’s a long one. We spent our last four days in Paris, taking in all the sights, shopping, and food the City of Light had to offer. There was so much to see and eat and do that we forgot to take pictures of all of it– we were just in awe. Here’s the best of the images we did capture. Hope you like them.

1. Standing in the middle of the Champs-Élysées to get a shot of the Arc de Triomphe

2. The Basilique du Sacré-Cœur

3. Notre Dame de Paris

4. For some reason I was taken with this statue of Charlemagne. I think it’s his beard ponytails.

5. Notre Dame de Paris, now with patches of blue sky!

6. The Ladies of the Louvre: Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory (my favorite), and Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and War

7. Cupid and Psyche (she got around; two statues over she was in the same pose with Mercury)

8. Michelangelo’s “The Dying Slave” (He had to be humming “When I think about you I touch myself”)

9. The Pont des Arts, home of the love locks. Lovers put a padlock on the bridge and throw the key into the Seine together, locking their love forever.

10. K+J forever. Our lock isn’t the prettiest, but it’s ours.

11. The Eiffel Tower by day

12. The Eiffel Tower by night

13. Us at the top of the Eiffel Tower

14. The Top of the Eiffel from the first level (Kevin had to take this: looking up in high places scares the whatchamahoosits out of me

15. The Eiffel Tower on a stormy night in May

And that, my friends, is our 2012 European vacation in a nutshell. Come back tomorrow to help me choose which photos to include in our dining room picture ledge!

If you missed the rest of our vacation photos, you can see them here: London, Brussels, Loire part i, Loire part ii.

This entry was posted in Travel.

Ah – these pictures are awesome! The Winged Victory is my favorite piece of art ever, too. I fell in love with it when I took my first art history class.

PS – Those locks are such an awesome idea. You can always frame a lock as a little reminder of what you guys left in Paris!

2. Staci says:

I can’t wait to go to Paris in June and put my own lock on the Pont Des Arts… Pont means bridge so adding “bridge” is redundant 😉 I will have to look for your lock!!
    I think my statues were the favorite part of the Louvre, not the paintings… to think that someone made those with their hands and relatively simple tools… just wow…
    As for paintings, I prefer to hit up the Musee d’Orsay :)
    Looks like you had a fabulous time!

I agree on all counts! The sculpture in the Louvre was by far my favorite part. I’m a big fan of impressionism, so the next time we go to Paris we’re putting the Musee d’Orsay at the top of our list.

3. Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication says:

Ahh! So gorgeous!! I can’t wait for next summer and our big Euro trip! 😀 Your pictures are gorgeous and that one of the Eiffel Tower at night is a definite must for your display!

I think the Psyche pictures would make some nice sensual bedroom art haha! 😉

4. Christine @ Casa-de-Christine says:

I am super jealous of your trip! I’d love to go visit Europe and Paris looks BEAUTIFUL! I love your lock shots and definitely think the K + J one needs to go on your photo ledges!! I love the eiffel tower images too. Soooo jealous…

5. Erin @ His & Hers says:

Those Eiffel Tower pics are amazing!! What a gorgeous city. And that love lock fence is too cool–did you know about that before you went, and packed a lock accordingly? Or is some street vendor selling them there trying to make money off of tourists?

The commentary on the captions is making me laugh really hard at work. People are laughing. But “she got around” did me in the morning!