Europe 2012: London

I came to a startling realization this morning– we took a lot of pictures on our vacation. I mean a lot. It didn’t seem like it at the time (I even remember passing things up that, in my mind, I wouldn’t be able to place or be of interest later), but after nine days of snapping away I guess things added up.

Over the next few days I thought I’d show the highlights of our trip city by city. I’ll show London and Brussels in two posts today, the Loire Valley tomorrow, and Paris on Thursday. On Friday I’d like to ask your opinion on which photos we should choose for our photo ledges in the dining room.

We started our trip in London. It was drab, cold, and rainy, but the weather didn’t deter us– we had brought rain jackets, rain boots, and umbrellas. I’ll just caption these photos so this post isn’t too long.

1. Our first pints in London at Wright Bros. Oysters

2. The Tower Bridge taken from the London Bridge

3. Telephone Booth

4. Waiting in line for the Tower of London to open. Brrrrrrrrrr….

5. Who’s that crazy lady chasing Pigeons in St. James Park?

6. The Union Jack flying over Buckingham Palace

7. Us in Front of Buckingham

8. on Westminster Abbey

9. Big Ben (shot without looking while walking across a zebra crossing)

10. Trafalgar Square at Dawn (from the steps of our hotel)

11. Anything from the trolley, dears?

So that’s London in a few pictures (trust me… I narrowed it waaaay down)!

This entry was posted in Travel.

1. annabelvita says:

Aw I love that one of you chasing pigeons! (I’m already voting that one for the picture ledges!) and it looks like they’ve improved platform 9 3/4 since I last saw it!

Haha I stopped by Platform 9 3/4, too! I felt so silly but I’m really glad I got the shot :)

I’m voting the telephone booth for the ledge (I’ll vote again on Friday – does that mean it gets two votes?). The pop of that bright color will look so nice.

Annabel recommended it to us! Our train to Brussels was leaving out of St. Pancras next door, so it was a no-brainer to run next door to King’s Cross to get the picture!

We felt like such tourists, but we really couldn’t resist!

I’m so glad to know I’m not the only HP nerd!

I really liked the flag too… I took it with my new telephoto (don’t remember the size at the moment). I was terrified they would turn out blurry!

3. Staci says:

I love the shot of your Guinness glasses! I don’t remember what colors you have in your kitchen but that would be a cool print to put in there.

4. mom says:

I love them all!!! Couldn’t you just wallpaper with your pictures??!! I really love the one of the two of you in front of Buckingham, the Guiness, the telly, and the one of the bird lady. I just am disappointed that you didn’t get the same shot of Kevin. It would have been sooooo cute!!! (Okay, maybe not cute, but certainly entertaining and slightly creepy!!)

OMG Platform 9 and three quarters!!!! Such great pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! I don’t care for beer, but I have to admit, if I were in London, I’d have to drink a Guiness too!